Update 24th September 2020
Thank you as always for your support in ensuring pupils wear masks to school and sticking to the protocols that have been laid down by the authorities in an effort to keep us safe whilst in school. As we break for the September weekend, I thought I would take this opportunity to thank you for your support and to reiterate a number of points and ask that you stress these with your son/daughter:-
- Parents are not permitted to come into the school reception unless by prior arrangement. This includes dropping off forgotten PE kits, lunch money, packed lunches etc. Any pupil who forgets a lunch will be given lunch from the School Canteen. Pupils must endeavour to bring everything they need for their school day in the morning.
- Pupils must not be sent to school if they are unwell in any way. All absences must be reported by telephone call to the school office on 0141 955 2386.
- Any pupil who reports as unwell during the school day will automatically be sent home. We would be grateful if parents could reiterate to pupils that they should ONLY report to the teacher or office if they are genuinely unwell. In all cases, parents will be contacted and invited in to collect their child. Unfortunately, we will be unable to send pupils home sick in taxis - all sick pupils must be collected by a parent or a person authorised by the parent.
- Pupils who have been reported as absent in the morning due to being unwell with ANY illness should remain off school for the remainder of the day.
- Pupils should endeavour to bring bottled water or suitable drinks with them to school as the water fountains are out of use. Pupils are welcome to refill any of their water bottles at sinks throughout the school (not the toilets) - all sinks are mains fed and have been risk assessed in line with Covid procedures.
- Pupils must be sent to school with their own face mask. This must be worn at all times in corridors and communal areas of the school. Whilst we do have supplies of re-usable masks here in school, they are primarily for emergency and first aid purposes, and numbers are limited. Parents are responsible for ensuring their child has suitable face covering for school.
- If your child opts to visit the town centre at lunchtime, please remind them that they must wear their face covering in shops, as they would if they were there with yourself. We have had several reports from the community about pupils not wearing masks in shops at lunchtime. I cannot stress enough how important this is if we are to maintain the good links we have within the local community, as well as protect both our pupils and members of the public from the spread of the virus.
Please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com should you have any queries at all regarding our current procedures.
I hope you all enjoy a lovely September weekend and thank you again for your support at this difficult time.
St Ninian's High School