There are many different reasons to study history, as it is a fantastic combination of all the other school subjects.
- History helps you develop the skills to look beyond the headlines, to ask questions properly, and to express your own opinions.
- History helps you make sense of most other subjects and topics
- History helps you understand the origins of modern political and social problems
- History lets you learn how and why people behaved as they did, whether they are Robert the Bruce, Hitler or Martin L King...
- History provides you with the skills employers are looking for, as well as career such as teaching, law, publishing, tourism and the Civil Service.