Aims of the department:
- To provide, and engage all pupils in high quality Core Religious Education in keeping with the Education Scotland guidelines "Religious Education in Roman Catholic School" and the guidance from the Bishops' Conference and SCES, "This is our Faith".
- To offer pupils the opportunity of presentation for High/Int 2 Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies.
- To provide opportunities for pupils to participate in charitable and campaigning activities centred on the sanctity of human life and the building of a world of love, justice and peace.
- To support the place of prayer and reflection in the life of the school.
- To contribute to, and aid staff and pupil participation in, liturgy and religious observance.
- To work to uphold the "Charter for Catholic Schools"
- To contribute to the delivery of whole school aims, vision and values.