Aims of the department
- Provide pupils opportunities to develop an interest in and enjoyment of science and physics throughout school life, and beyond.
- Enable pupils to become confident citizens in a technology based society and to make informed decisions about science related matters.
- Develop practical skills and problem solving skills which are relevant to science courses. These can be transferred to other school subjects and are also useful in everyday life.
- Improve the ability of pupils to communicate scientific matters in a variety of suitable forms.
- Encourage each pupil to achieve to their full potential as students of physics by providing relevant courses and offering support to each pupil that best suits their needs.
- As a department we aim to promote the subject of physics, share our enthusiasm for the subject and link learning to current applications and news stories.